Concrete can be a hazardous material if proper safety precautions are not taken. These safety
tips and guidelines can help ensure a safe working environment when working with concrete.
- Wear protective equipment: When working with concrete, wear protective gear
such as safety glasses, gloves, and long-sleeved clothing to protect your skin
from exposure to the alkaline materials in the concrete.
- Use proper lifting techniques: Concrete can be heavy, so use proper lifting
techniques when handling bags or pouring concrete.
- Avoid breathing in dust: Concrete dust can be harmful if inhaled, so wear a
mask to protect your lungs when cutting, grinding or pouring concrete.
- Keep a clean work area: Keep the work area free of clutter and debris to avoid
tripping and falling hazards. Make sure tools and equipment are stored properly
when not in use.
- Be aware of hazards: Be aware of hazards such as wet concrete, uneven
surfaces, and protruding rebar. Use caution when walking on or around concrete