Shake Off The Winter Dust
As another winter comes to an end, it’s time to shake — or wipe — the dust and prepare for the months ahead with spring maintenance. Cemen Tech offers these 13 tips to help you start. Any questions? Contact Cemen Tech via our remote video support service CONNECT!
13 Tips For A Strong Spring Season
1. Inspect guide rubber for proper adjustment. There should be a 1/16 inch air gap between the belt and guide rubber.
2. Adjust the belt wiper so it’s tight against the conveyor belt and can clean the belt.
3. Change hydraulic filter and check hydraulic oil for cleanliness. Change if needed with ISO 32 grade hydraulic oil and clean out two in-tank screens filter.
4. Fill the air lubricator and chain oiler with 10-weight oil or ATF trans oil.
5. Clean the gates so they move freely up and down.
6. Check the gates for the proper setting. Do this by closing the gate to the top of the belt and the dial should be at twelve.
7. Clean any concrete build-up from the mix auger.
8. Check the lower bearings and grease all grease points on unit.
9. Flush the water tank of any debris and clean water filters.
10. Add water to the water tank and run the system to verify adequate function. As the system operates, make sure you can answer these two questions:
Will it build 80 psi to 100 psi air pressure?
Does it flow the proper amount of water?