Cemen Tech Job Description – Systems Administrator
Title: Network Systems Administrator
Job Status: Full Time
Travel Required: None
Date: March 2017
Reports To: Technology Projects Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Install, configure, and support an organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems. Monitor network to ensure network stability and availability to all system users. Perform necessary maintenance to support network servers and workstations/devices. Manage network and computer hardware and software upgrades as need to keep systems compliant and minimizing any system downtime. Provide daily Computer Helpdesk support for all end users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, the person will:
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Manage daily data backups and periodic testing for disaster recovery operations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessa
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain MS Exchange email server and Network virus protection software.
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Confer with network technical resources (Tech Docs, 3rd party vendors, etc…) about how to solve existing system problems.
- Research new technologies by attending seminars, reading trade articles, or taking classes, and implement or recommend the implementation of new technologies.
- Analyze equipment performance records to determine the need for repair or replacement.
- Provide technical daily support for corporate IP phone system and configurations of mobile software and support. Implement technologies that may integrate with corporate phone system.
- Recommend changes to improve network, desktop and device configuration Be able to determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Train people in general computer system
- Coordinate with vendors and with company personnel to facilitate purchases. Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures and maintain control records.
- Maintain logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records.
- Oversee and maintain IT infrastructure for remote sales force. (Laptops, iPhones, iPads, etc…)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION – EXPERIENCE – COMPUTER SKILLS
- Minimum of Associates Technology Degree (college or university)
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS or similar field, preferre
- Network and desktop support experience, additional experience with ERP and Accounting software a plus.
- Two to Four years related experienc
- Networking Administration experience in a Microsoft Windows Server environment with Exchange Advanced computer and Windows knowledge Advanced skills in supporting Microsoft Excel & Word applications.
- Familiar in supporting virtual server environment. Working knowledge of VMWare ESXi 6.0 platform.
Listed in bold below are Cemen Tech’s six Core Values including an example of each Core Value.
- Positive Mindset – We know our attitude affects our performance.
- Ingenuity – Better, Faster, Easier
- Accountable – We accept responsibility for our actions.
- Do the Right Thing – We will stay productive and be contributors.
- Engaged – Listening to understand…acting to accomplish.
- Safety – We will reinforce safe habits by our own actions.
To perform this position successfully, individual should demonstrate the following work competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Communication Skills – Speaks clearly, listens and receives clarification, respond to questions.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction, and takes responsibility.
- Quality Assurance – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics/Professionalism – Treats people with respect; Works ethically and with integrity.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment properly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee:
- Must be able to frequently stoop/bend.
- Must be able to regularly use hands and arms.
- Must be able to regularly stand and walk.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Cemen Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with Cemen Tech, Inc.