Cemen Tech Job Description
Title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Status: Full-Time
Travel Required: None
Reports To: Department Lead
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for leading projects that bring new products to market. In this role you will be responsible for designing and validating new products as they come to market. Prepare detailed working 3D models and drawings of machinery and mechanical devices, including dimensions, fastening methods, and other engineering information. This position requires detailed knowledge of mobile equipment systems and components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. More specifically, the role will be responsible to increase parts revenue and deliver a better customer service experience.
More specifically, the person will:
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, sheet metal fabrication, and hydraulic controls using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) software.
- Coordinate and consult with other team members to design, lay out or detail components and systems for new product offerings or product improvements.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery.
- Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
- Design, develop, evaluate, and execute product validation plans and product specifications for a variety of standard products and/or components; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Lay out, draw and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Enter part and BOM data into ERP system, create reports and develop costing models
- Perform weight distribution analysis to obtain maximum payload
- Develop and mentor less experienced engineers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION – EXPERIENCE – COMPUTER SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or university).
- 5 years related experience (Manufacturing environment preferred).
- Strong DraftSight, SolidWorks, Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with SolidWorks Simulation or other FEA software a plus.
- Proficient with ERP systems and bill of material structures.
- Must be a highly motivated, self-starter that enjoys problem solving.
- Must be able to work within a team environment and self-directed, individual projects.
Listed in bold below are Cemen Tech’s six Core Values including an example of each Core Value.
- Positive Mindset – We know our attitude affects our performance.
- Ingenuity – Better, Faster, Easier
- Accountable – We accept responsibility for our actions.
- Do the Right Thing – We will stay productive and be contributors.
- Engaged – Listening to understand…acting to accomplish.
- Safety – We will reinforce safe habits by our own actions.
Cemen Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with Cemen Tech, Inc.
**Only qualified candidates will be contacted to move to the next step of the hiring process. Unfortunately, Cemen Tech will not sponsor applicants for work visas. **