Cemen Tech Job Description
Title: Product Manager
Job Status: Full Time
Travel Required: 30%
Reports To: Dir. of Sales & Marketing
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The position is charged with the responsibility of increasing sales and profitability of existing products as well as the development of new products and features.
The role will market and develop products based on industry experience and contact with customers. The role requires a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. It involves spending time in the market to understand the challenges and needs of the customer and to find innovative solutions for the broader market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. More specifically, the role will be responsible to increase parts revenue and deliver a better customer service experience.
The Product Manager role includes the following responsibilities:
- Identify and develop new sales opportunities and/or products based on market needs.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share. Improve the customer experience and drive growth.
- Manage the product line from strategic planning to tactical activities. Tactical decisions regarding option and feature development for standardized models. Strategic activities including long-term product development plans and strategies.
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services.
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Obtain product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Help to develop product specification sheets and marketing literature and assist in product training for customers or dealers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Passport and an ability to travel internationally are required.
EDUCATION – EXPERIENCE – COMPUTER SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration or an equivalent field of study is required OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in project management or related experience with multiple product launches.
- Knowledge of the Manufacturing industry and terminologies is helpful.
- Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel and Power Point.
- Familiar with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Demonstrated experience managing the full product development lifecycle.
- Must have a strong blend of analytical, decision-making & creative solving skills.
- Must be a motivated individual with excellent written and oral communication skills.
Listed in bold below are Cemen Tech’s six Core Values including an example of each Core Value.
- Positive Mindset – We know our attitude affects our performance.
- Ingenuity – Better, Faster, Easier
- Accountable – We accept responsibility for our actions.
- Do the Right Thing – We will stay productive and be contributors.
- Engaged – Listening to understand…acting to accomplish.
- Safety – We will reinforce safe habits by our own actions.
Cemen Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with Cemen Tech, Inc.
**Only qualified candidates will be contacted to move to the next step of the hiring process. Unfortunately, Cemen Tech will not sponsor applicants for work visas. **