Cemen Tech Job Description
Title: Painter Lead
Job Status: Full Time
Travel Required: None
Reports To: Director of Operations
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is a working lead position that calls for the person to perform direct labor work as required to perform the lead duties listed below. The lead duties are focused on determining work assignments and resolving issues for the team to attain daily production goals. They will be responsible for the process relating to supplies (what & when to buy), paint processes, maintenance of equipment, and management of waste and manage flow of products. Mixes paint and applies spray paint. This includes understanding the techniques of spray painting, paint preparation/washing, caulking and undercoating. Must be able to repair and do touch-up work on paint applications. When applicable, may apply striping and decals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, this person will:
- Observe machine gauges and equipment operation to detect defects or deviations from standards and make adjustments as necessary.
- Set up and operate machines to paint or coat products with such materials as silver and copper solution, rubber, paint, glaze, oil or rust proofing materials.
- Start and stop the operation of machines using levers or buttons.
- Determine paint flow, viscosity and coating quality by performing visual inspections.
- Weigh or measure chemicals, coatings or paints.
- Select appropriate coatings, paints or sprays and prepare them by mixing substances according to formulas using automated paint mixing equipment.
- Record operational data on specified forms.
- Operate pumps to mix solutions and fill tanks and perform test runs to ensure that equipment is set up properly.
- Hold or position spray guns to direct spray onto articles and perform touch-up painting using paint brushes.
- Place items or products on feed racks, spindles, or reel stands to coat, paint or spray using hands, hoists or truck lifts.
- Clean machines and related equipment and work areas using water, solvents, and other cleaning aids.
- Attach hoses or nozzles to machines using wrenches and pliers and make adjustments to obtain the proper dispersion of spray.
- Lead a daily 5 minute start up meeting to go over team goals for the day, work assignments, safety briefing and other items as required.
- Track performance date for the area team SQCD board.
- Position hours are 15 minutes prior to shift start time to the end of the shift. Or special hours as needed on special request.
- Provide input to team member’s performance evaluations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION – EXPERIENCE – COMPUTER SKILLS
- High School Diploma/GED
- Six months to two years of related experience.
- Forklift experience preferred.
CORE VALUES – Listed in bold below are Cemen Tech’s six Core Values including an example of each Core Value.
- Positive Mindset – We know our attitude affects our performance.
- Ingenuity – Better, Faster, Easier
- Accountable – We accept responsibility for our actions.
- Do the Right Thing – We will stay productive and be contributors.
- Engaged – Listening to understand…acting to accomplish.
- Safety – We will reinforce safe habits by our own actions.
Cemen Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with Cemen Tech, Inc.