Cemen Tech Job Description
Title: Painter (Industrial)
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Status: Full Time
Travel Required: None
Reports To: Department Lead
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Mixes and applies paint including an understanding of the techniques of spray painting, paint preparation/washing, and caulking including touch-up and repair work. Responsible for loading parts on and off the line using a forklift, if necessary. Must be knowledgeable in the safe and proper use of tools and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, the person will:
- Observe machine gauges and equipment operation to detect defects or deviations from standards and make adjustments as necessary.
- Set up and operate machines to paint or coat products with such materials as silver and copper solution, rubber, paint, glaze, oil or rust proofing materials.
- Start and stop the operation of machines using levers or buttons.
- Determine paint flow, viscosity and coating quality by performing visual inspections.
- Weigh or measure chemicals, coatings or paints.
- Select appropriate coatings, paints or sprays and prepare them by mixing substances according to formulas using automated paint mixing equipment.
- Record operational data on specified forms.
- Operate pumps to mix solutions and fill tanks and perform test runs to ensure that equipment is set up properly.
- Hold or position spray guns to direct spray onto articles and perform touch-up painting using paint brushes.
- Place items or products on feed racks, spindles, or reel stands to coat, paint or spray using hands, hoists or truck lifts.
- Clean machines and related equipment and work areas using water, solvents, and other cleaning aids.
- Attach hoses or nozzles to machines using wrenches and pliers and make adjustments to obtain the proper dispersion of spray.
- Properly dispose of any steel that needs to be recycled.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION – EXPERIENCE – COMPUTER SKILLS
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Six months to two years of related experience.
- Forklift experience a plus.
Listed in bold below are Cemen Tech’s six Core Values including an example of each Core Value.
- Positive Mindset – We know our attitude affects our performance.
- Ingenuity – Better, Faster, Easier.
- Accountable – We accept responsibility for our actions.
- Do the Right Thing – We will stay productive and be contributors.
- Engaged – Listening to understand…acting to accomplish.
- Safety – We will reinforce safe habits by our own actions.
To perform this position successfully, individual should demonstrate the following work competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Communication Skills – Speaks clearly, listens and receives clarification, respond to questions.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction, and takes responsibility.
- Quality Assurance – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics/Professionalism – Treats people with respect; Works ethically and with integrity.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment properly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee:
- Must be able to frequently stoop/bend.
- Must be able to regularly use hands and arms/reach overhead.
- Must be able to regularly stand and walk.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to work at a height of 15 feet on occasion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Cemen Tech, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or applicable state regulations, Cemen Tech, Inc., will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with Cemen Tech, Inc.