Cemen Tech Job Description
Title: Welder / Fabricator
Job Status: Full Time
Travel Required: None
Reports To: Department Lead
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To perform basic welding to include fit-up and tack welding along with the ability to weld a complete array of weldment configurations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, the person will:
Be familiar with steel fabrication, assembly, and typical shop tools (such as drill presses, shears, press breaks, and cutting torches). Be able to read blue prints and understand welding symbols. Experience with MIG/Pulse welding is required. Must be able to climb on large equipment during assembly and repair operations. Be able to properly read and use a tape measure. Must be able to work within a team to complete a project.
- Welds using MIG/Pulse processes.
- Demonstrated ability to use a sander and grinder.
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and diagrams and determine critical dimensions and tolerances using measuring tools.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, process routings, and schematics for installation of various truck and body components – large and small –onto truck chassis using torch, welder, winches, and hand tools.
- Performs re-work as required.
- Provide quality and timely workmanship on each work order and maintain daily time standards.
- Demonstrated ability to follow established safety and quality procedures.
- Team concept, be flexible to move from job to job to support the schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION – EXPERIENCE – COMPUTER SKILLS
- High School Diploma/ GED.
- Certificate or degree in welding preferred.
- Welding knowledge through experience or vocational training.
- Ability to pass a preliminary weld test.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience welding, cutting, and/or fabricating metal parts.
- Experience in wire feed welding, MIG or TIG welding.
- Knowledge of overhead crane and forklift operation.
Listed in bold below are Cemen Tech’s six Core Values including an example of each Core Value.
- Positive Mindset – We know our attitude affects our performance.
- Ingenuity – Better, Faster, Easier.
- Accountable – We accept responsibility for our actions.
- Do the Right Thing – We will stay productive and be contributors.
- Engaged – Listening to understand…acting to accomplish.
- Safety – We will reinforce safe habits by our own actions.
To perform this position successfully, individual should demonstrate the following work competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Communication Skills – Speaks clearly, listens and receives clarification, respond to questions.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction, and takes responsibility.
- Quality Assurance – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics/Professionalism – Treats people with respect; Works ethically and with integrity.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment properly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee:
- Must be able to frequently stoop/bend.
- Must be able to regularly use hands and arms.
- Must be able to regularly stand and walk.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to work up to 15 feet off the ground, to work inside of bins on units, to climb ladders on occasion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Cemen Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with Cemen Tech, Inc.