Cemen Tech Job Description
Title: Fabrication Supervisor 2nd Shift
Job Status: Full Time
Travel Required: None
Reports To: Department Lead
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Coordinates the operations for the welding and pre-fabrication areas, ensuring safe operations at all times and that all products meet or exceed our customers’ expectations as it relates to quality, on-time delivery, and cost. This position will spend a significant amount of time on the production floor with employees to support them with problem recognition and resolution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, this person will:
- Supervise a team in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Make sure safety policies and procedures are consistently followed. Safety being the number one priority.
- Make staffing and OT recommendations to ensure units, customer parts, kan-ban and stock orders are completed on-time and with quality workmanship.
- Ensure units and jobs within the department stay on track with schedules and due dates. If delays arise, make sure they are communicated in a timely manner to the appropriate people and departments.
- Work with other departments, such as Engineering, Shipping, Sales, Purchasing, Service, and Human Resources to resolve problems, coordinate changes, and exchange information.
- Ensure that department employees follow all company policies, procedures, and established guidelines, providing coaching and discipline as necessary.
- Manage labor hours daily – Ensure employees are clocking into correct jobs, review hour data for hours on jobs that would be considered high, document the hour impact reasons, and address the issue if in their control.
- Uphold training standards and ensure departments are adequately cross-trained.
- Quality issues and corrective actions are handled and relayed appropriately
- Documentation maintenance. PCRB Sign-offs.
- Conduct department meetings to ensure constant communication with employee’s regarding area activities and performance.
- Assist in goal setting and objectives for their department. Focusing on continuous improvements for safety, quality, delivery, MRO cost and productivity.
- Collaborate with operations leaders to establish and manage manufacturing’s strategies and activities.
Responsible for the direction of Team Leaders and production staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION – EXPERIENCE – COMPUTER SKILLS
- 2-5 years of supervisory experience
- 2-5 years of welding experience
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook
Listed in bold below are Cemen Tech’s six Core Values including an example of each Core Value.
- Positive Mindset – We know our attitude affects our performance.
- Ingenuity – Better, Faster, Easier
- Accountable – We accept responsibility for our actions.
- Do the Right Thing – We will stay productive and be contributors.
- Engaged – Listening to understand…acting to accomplish.
- Safety – We will reinforce safe habits by our own actions.
Cemen Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with Cemen Tech, Inc.
**Only qualified candidates will be contacted to move to the next step of the hiring process. Unfortunately, Cemen Tech will not sponsor applicants for work visas. **