Cemen Tech Job Description
Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Job Status: Full Time
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Reports To: Director of Engineering
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Primary responsibilities include design, component specification, programming, and documentation of DC and AC electrical control systems. These systems are used on mobile and stationary Volumetric Proportioning Concrete Mixing equipment. The right candidate will have a proven background in the design, programming and documentation of electrical control systems including new designs and modification to current control systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, this person will:
- Prepare and study technical drawings and specifications of electrical systems to ensure that installations and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical instruments, equipment, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and components.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications.
- Investigate customer complaints, determine root cause and corrective action.
- Develop budgets, estimating labor, material, and construction costs for new/modified equipment.
- Compile data and write reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and machines.
- Entry of parts and Bill of Materials (BOM) into computer system.
- Assist in service calls for troubleshooting problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION – EXPERIENCE – COMPUTER SKILLS
- BS in Engineering, preferably in the field of electrical, electronics, or controls
- 5 plus years of experience in related field.
- Solid knowledge of electrical and control engineering principals.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Experience with AC control system design is a plus.
- Auto CAD systems, Solid Works, Microsoft Office.
- Ability to carry out direction in written, oral, or diagram form.
CORE VALUES – Listed in bold below are Cemen Tech’s six Core Values including an example of each Core Value.
- Positive Mindset – We know our attitude affects our performance.
- Ingenuity – Better, Faster, Easier
- Accountable – We accept responsibility for our actions.
- Do the Right Thing – We will stay productive and be contributors.
- Engaged – Listening to understand…acting to accomplish.
- Safety – We will reinforce safe habits by our own actions.
To perform this position successfully, individual should demonstrate the following work competencies;
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Applied Learning – Ability to participate in learning activities to make the most of the opportunity.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Research Skills – Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective and critical investigation.
- Accountability – ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication Skills – Speaks clearly, listens and receives clarification, respond to questions.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction and takes responsibility.
- Quality Assurance – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics/Professionalism – Treats people with respect; Works ethically and with integrity.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment properly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee:
- Must be able to regularly stoop/bend.
- Must be able to regularly use hands and arms.
- Must be able to regularly walk and stand.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Cemen Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with Cemen Tech, Inc.