Cemen Tech Job Description
Job Status: Full Time
Travel Required: 5-10%
Reports To: Director of Supply Chain
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Perform procurement activities to support the business including strategic buying for direct and indirect purchases. Monitor, document and manage supplier performance to ensure highest levels of service and supply. Research and identify suppliers, negotiating contracts and ensure uninterrupted supply of material.
Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to ensure projects are completed within scope, on time and on budget. Ensure all projects incorporate lean principals and fall within Cemen Tech’s vision of working smarter, not harder, to achieve production goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, the person will:
- Perform strategic buying for direct and indirect purchases
- Supplier relationship management focusing on delivery, cost and quality
- Prepare and analyze proposals, quotations and bids to determine vendor award
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Understand, follow, and help create purchasing policies and procedures
- Make suggestions for process improvements
This role is expected to lead cross functional teams within the organization and hold accountable those members while working on projects assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION – EXPERIENCE – COMPUTER SKILLS
- B.S. in Business, Supply Chain, or related field required
- 3 years related experience in Purchasing or Accounting or Manufacturing Planner/Materials Planner role.
- Excellent cross-functional teamwork and project management skills.
- Knowledge of ERP systems preferred.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
Listed in bold below are Cemen Tech’s six Core Values including an example of each Core Value.
- Positive Mindset – We know our attitude affects our performance.
- Ingenuity – Better, Faster, Easier
- Accountable – We accept responsibility for our actions.
- Do the Right Thing – We will stay productive and be contributors.
- Engaged – Listening to understand…acting to accomplish.
- Safety – We will reinforce safe habits by our own actions.
To perform this position successfully, individual should demonstrate the following work competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Communication Skills – Speaks clearly, listens and receives clarification, respond to questions.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction, and takes responsibility.
- Quality Assurance – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics/Professionalism – Treats people with respect; Works ethically and with integrity.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment properly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee:
- Must be able to frequently stoop/bend.
- Must be able to regularly use hands and arms.
- Must be able to regularly stand and walk.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Cemen Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with Cemen Tech, Inc.