Cemen Tech Job Description
Title: Auto Saw Operator
Job Status: Full Time
Travel Required: None
Reports To: Department Lead
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Run vertical and horizontal saws to cut a variety of tubing, angle iron and steel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, the person will:
- Program the saws for correct length and number of cuts.
- Operate an overhead crane to move materials to and from storage racks.
- Unload trucks of steel, iron, etc. for use.
- Read blueprints to match the cut file to the blueprint.
- Performs re-work as required.
- Maintain and order stock to ensure the correct amount is always on hand.
- Unload parts from the saws onto carts.
- Follow established safety and quality procedures.
- Upkeep of the cutting heads which includes changing of parts and minor maintenance to the machine when needed.
EDUCATION – EXPERIENCE – COMPUTER SKILLS
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Knowledge of overhead crane and forklift operation.
- Ability to read blueprints and tape measures.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience preferred.
- Must be a self-starter that is detail oriented and can work with minimal supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Listed in bold below are Cemen Tech’s six Core Values including an example of each Core Value.
- Positive Mindset – We know our attitude affects our performance.
- Ingenuity – Better, Faster, Easier.
- Accountable – We accept responsibility for our actions.
- Do the Right Thing – We will stay productive and be contributors.
- Engaged – Listening to understand…acting to accomplish.
- Safety – We will reinforce safe habits by our own actions.
To perform this position successfully, individual should demonstrate the following work competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Communication Skills – Speaks clearly, listens and receives clarification, respond to questions.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction, and takes responsibility.
- Quality Assurance – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics/Professionalism – Treats people with respect; Works ethically and with integrity.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment properly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee:
- Must be able to regularly use hands and arms.
- Must be able to regularly stand, stoop or crouch.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to see close, distance, and peripherally.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Cemen Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with Cemen Tech, Inc.