Cemen Tech Job Description – Assistant Controller
Title: Assistant Controller
Job Status: Full Time
Travel Required: 10%
Reports To: CFO
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Supports the total accounting function for the company by performing higher-level accounting duties such as financial reporting and monitoring lower-level activities such as Accounts Payable/Receivable activities performed primarily by other departmental staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
More specifically, the person will:
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting, etc).
- Calculate and post journal entries in accordance with GAAP, including payroll, accruals, amortizations and expense allocations.
- Fixed asset accounting including determining capitalization of assets, asset additions & disposals, reporting and depreciation calculations.
- Perform monthly and annual closing processes such as sales reconciliations and payroll summaries.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts.
- Assemble and provide necessary documentation to external auditors for the annual corporate audit.
- Support the sales team with invoicing and truck title documentation and unit releases.
- Ad Hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Provide backup to AP and AR functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION – EXPERIENCE – COMPUTER SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent experience required.
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA) is a plus.
- 3-5 years in progressive experience and responsibility.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required.
- General accounting knowledge in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in all departments.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time is essential.
Listed in bold below are Cemen Tech’s six Core Values including an example of each Core Value.
- Positive Mindset – We know our attitude affects our performance.
- Ingenuity – Better, Faster, Easier
- Accountable – We accept responsibility for our actions.
- Do the Right Thing – We will stay productive and be contributors.
- Engaged – Listening to understand…acting to accomplish.
- Safety – We will reinforce safe habits by our own actions.
To perform this position successfully, individual should demonstrate the following work competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Communication Skills – Speaks clearly, listens and receives clarification, respond to questions.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction, and takes responsibility.
- Quality Assurance – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics/Professionalism – Treats people with respect; Works ethically and with integrity.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment properly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee:
- Must be able to frequently stoop/bend.
- Must be able to regularly use hands and arms.
- Must be able to regularly stand and walk.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to work at a height of 15 feet on occasion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Cemen Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with Cemen Tech, Inc.