Shake Off The Winter Dust
As another winter comes to an end, it’s time to shake — or wipe — the dust and prepare for the months ahead with spring maintenance. Cemen Tech offers these 13 tips to help you start. Any questions? Give us a ring with CONNECT!
13 Tips For A Strong Spring Season
1. Inspect guide rubber for proper adjustment. There should be an air gap between the belt and guide rubber.
2. Adjust the belt wiper so it’s tight against the conveyor belt and can clean the belt.
3. Change hydraulic filter and check hydraulic oil for cleanliness. Change if needed with ISO 32 grade hydraulic oil.
4. Fill the air lubricator and chain oiler with 10-weight oil.
5. Clean the gates so they move freely up and down.
6. Check the gates for the proper setting. Do this by closing the gate and the dial should be at zero.
7. Clean any concrete build-up from the auger.
8. Check the lower bearing and grease both the bearing and seal blocks.
9. Flush the water tank of any debris.
10. Add water to the water tank and run the system to verify adequate function. As the system operates, make sure you can answer these two questions:
- Will it build 80 psi to 100 psi pressure?
- Does it flow the proper amount of water?
It should max out the water flow meter with the water pressure set at 40 psi to 50 psi.
11. Put water in the admix system, check for proper operation, and flush the system with water to clean out any leftover admixture.
12. Have you calibrated the unit? Cemen Tech recommends each volumetric mixer you use undergo calibration at least once a year. Calibrate with your usual aggregates and materials and perform cylinder and yield tests for different mix designs.
13. Check the mixer and clean any concrete build-up on the auger. Check wear blades and keep in mind most auger wear happens at the lower end where the raw materials fall off the belt.