How Much Does a Mobile Concrete Mixer Cost?
Two of the first questions customers ask before purchasing a new piece of equipment are how much does it cost and how to measure the return on investment. Customers need to consider a few factors that can affect not only the purchase price of your Cemen Tech mixer but also your overall satisfaction with the equipment and how it performs:
- In what applications will you use the mixer?
- Will a truck or trailer-mounted unit work best?
- What volume of concrete with be poured monthly, annually?
- What mix design(s) will you need to produce?
- How quickly do you need to produce your concrete?
- For truck-mounted mixer, what brand of chassis do you prefer?
These factors affect the price of your mixer. Before a manufacturer quotes you a price, they need to understand your specific needs. Many times customers believe Cemen Tech equipment is priced higher than the competition until they discover the mixer they have been quoted at a lesser price will not meet their needs.
The Initial Purchase Price Comparison
To get the right equipment in your hands, the equipment manufacturer or dealer needs to understand how you will use the mixer. Mobile mixers come in various sizes, generally 2–12 cubic yard capacities, and speeds, generally 15–90 cubic yards an hour. The capacity, speed and how the mixer is equipped determines the cost of the mixer. A smaller, slower mixer will cost less than a large, quick mixer.
Technology has come a long way in mobile mixers, and most manufacturers offer cordless remotes, electronic ticket printers, fiber feeders or choppers, and roll and pour options to help place concrete and provide your customers a record of their purchase, including the mix design. Some mixers are even equipped with technology such as touchscreen PLCs, which:
- Store an unlimited number of mix designs
- Alert when preventive maintenance tasks are required
- Report the amount of concrete poured and the time of the pour
- Offer auto washout functions and an auto stow feature
While these mixers are new to the market, the level of automation they feature is quickly growing in popularity.
So what does a mobile mixer cost? A broad range is $65,000 to $125,000, depending on options, but you also need to consider your return on investment and factors such as parts availability, how long the company has been in business and their industry reputation.
Measure Your Return on Investment
Before you purchase any equipment, you need to consider how long it will take to see a return on your investment. Do you spend less upfront and risk facing issues such as breakdowns, tracking down hard-to-find or expensive parts, or purchasing a non-operator machine? Or do you spend more to purchase a machine that fits your needs and will earn you more profit in the long run? Look at what you spend on concrete and how much that costs your operation.
- Waste, waste and more waste. Many in the concrete industry think waste is a normal part of the job, but it doesn’t have to be. Wasted concrete means lost money for any operation, whether you’re a concrete delivery business, a contractor or a municipality. You will mix the exact amount of concrete needed — no more, no less — to spend the exact of amount of money necessary.
- You lose money when you wait to deliver concrete to your customers or wait for a concrete delivery. When employees stand around waiting for concrete, your business loses profits. With mobile mixers, you pour fresh concrete at the job site when it’s needed. These mobile mixers are mobile batch plants that produce maximum strength concrete for a variety of applications.
- With mobile mixers, you can track exactly when the mixer was operated, how much concrete was poured and what the mix was to determine how much you pay for concrete. Adding a GPS option allows you to track the mixer’s location and how long the mixer runs, giving you the ability to determine productivity and cost.
- Startup time and maintenance are other factors to consider when determining return on investment. If you purchase equipment that is difficult to start, maintain and service, your operation could lose money.
To learn more about Cemen Tech’s mobile concrete mixers, please read our Most Popular Questions page, or Contact Us today to learn more about how Cemen Tech can help your business be more productive and save money!